1. Smoking can kill you.. Cigarettes contain carcinogensâ€”harmful substances that can greatly increase the risk of developing cancer.
2. Smoking makes you a killer. Sidestream (second-hand) smoking is more lethal than mainstream smoking since the people around the smoker inhale the by-products of the latter’s smoke which contain the more harmful substances.
3.ETS (Environmental Tobacco Smoke) is considered one of the most toxic substances alongside asbestos. Research shows that there have been over 3,000 lung cancer deaths due to ETS in the United States alone.
4. Smoking can put your kids and your loved ones in danger. A smoker, who is also the breadwinner of the family, runs the risk of hurting his/her family if something happens to him/her.
5. Tobacco is the most addicting of all drugs. Recent studies showed that tobacco is 100% addictive, while cocaine is 97%, Valium 87%, alcohol 82%, caffeine 72%, and marijuana is 30% addictive.
6. Tobacco causes more deaths than any other drug. 1993 U.S. study show 450,000 cases of tobacco related deaths.
7. Smoking can put you in trouble. Being addicted to smoking may push you to smoke in places where it is prohibited by law like in some countries where there are designated places as to where people can smoke.
8. Lots of money is spent on this lethal device. If you smoke one pack of cigarettes a day at P25, you’d be able to save P9,125 in a year; 45,625 in 5 years and a whopping P91,250 in 10 years if you would have stopped smoking and instead saved the money.
9.Smoking ruins the taste of food. The smoke you intake cavers your taste buds with a thin layer of its poisonous substances and hinders the tongue from tasting the food you eat properly.
10. Cigarettes make you smell bad. Smokers have a distinct body odor due to exposure of their body system to harmful chemicals from the cigarette.