It is important to note that, when you color your hair you make a drastic difference to your appearance. You either make it delightful or disappointing. Before coloring you hair, you first and foremost consider the following, your skin tone and natural hair color that should match with the color you intend to put on your hair,so as to come up with the best shade for you.
Major different types of hair coloring.
1.Temporary: Usually this style of color is based and can be applied to pre-shading wet hair. They form a cuticle layer of the hair, that can be easily washed away. It is good for a quick, feeling, change probably for a one-off occasion.
2. Semi-Permanent: This type of coloring gives your hair a more noticeable effect that can last through to eight shampoo washes. It adds, enriches, darkens or lightens you color. This color gradually fades with time.
3. Permanent: This type of coloring will darken or lighten you hair and effectively cover white hair. You may need to retouch every six weeks, depending on how fast or slow your hair grow. It is important to cover the new hair growth when retouching.
Important Steps to follow when coloring your hair.
1. Wash your hair with mild shampoo and dry it by using a towel,
2. Blow dry your hair to remove or dry the excess water,
3. Apply the color mixture evenly in your hair,
4. You may use a shower cup to generate heat for about 30 minutes.
5. Rinse out thoroughly using a post-color shampoo to help sustain color as you wash the hair.
Caring for your colored hair.
1. Never brush your colored hair while it is wet.
2. Use low temperature in case you want to blow dry.
3. In case of perming, ensure you use a perm cream formulated for colored hair.
4. Ensure you use shampoos and conditioners products specifically made for colored hair.
6. Wear a hut or use sunscreen product to protect your colored hair from the effect of the sun. Because the sun dries out the hair and alters the color.