1. Trade Shows selling African Books & African Products. If you cannot find a trade show, then you can start your own trade show, featuring African Books and African Products. Contact the African books & products companies who might be interested. You can also set up an online African Books & African Products tradeshow inviting online African Books & African Products companies to contribute trade shows features of their books & products. They can list free or you can charge a small fee for listing.
2. Write Press Releases. If you think your African Book is newsworthy, then write press releases. There are many free press release websites online, including http://www.pr.com. You can also send copies of your press release to those bookstores interested in African Books.
3. Incentives. Offer incentives, free products with the purchase of your African Book, e.g. a free T-shirt. You can set up your free African T-shirt and customs products store at Cafepress.com, http://www.cafepress.com/?pid=2645296. You can also set up your free T-shirt store at http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=6044. If you self-publish, then you can include the cost of the "free" product in the book's price.
Other freebies, include:
Free mini toys
4. Affiliate Marketing. Sell your book via affiliate marketing, e.g. Clickbank, http://zzz.clickbank.net/r/?toystore44
5. Featured book sections. If you know online websites that sell African products, write to ask if they'd be interested in a featured book sections, including your book.
6. Publishers previews. Include a preview of your book.
7. Full page ads, classified ads (25 word) and special listings--these can be online or in print. To post your classified ads go to http://africanlibrary.adpost.com
8. Web page. Set up your own African Book(s) webpage. Advertise your book(s) on your own webpage. Include articles and/or book(s) preview(s).
9. Write articles based upon your African Book, include a link to your book(s) in your article's signature line.
10. Start or join an African Books Forum or African Books Yahoo or Google group.
11. Offer a "free" email course based upon your book(s). Email course includes book(s) promotions.
12. Teach an online workshop based upon your book(s): http://home.universalclass.com/myinterests/teachonline.htm?r=fnb451628.