There is no end to the possibilities through home schooling. If anything, more creativity can be found in this way of educating. There is endless fun to be found and tons of resources that an individual can find by utilizing the internet and local libraries. I believe one of the more interesting projects I've done with my children is when we began the construction of a family tree.
Making a Family Tree
Though we have not finished it there has been so many interesting facts we have found out about the various sides of our families. History is so very interesting and by engaging in this type of activity the children are studying their history as well. So it isn't just by the use of a text book that children can learn from, but by other unique methods as well. Some exciting and attention getting learning activities you can get involved in are:
1. Facial sketching and painting to learn about emotions
2. Finger-painting by number, as this helps preschool children begin recognizing their colors along with numbers
3. Story telling at local book stores (this is extremely fun for the kids as it gets them involved more fluidly in reading and writing)[
4. Foreign language activities such as Spanish (go a whole day and speak only Spanish or whatever foreign language you want to focus on) kids love it!
5. Nature hikes: this is a really good for studying science as you learn more through actually being in nature than simply reading about it.
There are tons of other learning activities you can involve yourself and children in but the main thing about home-schooling is to keep it fun and simple, but provide an enriching educational experience for the child or children. Don't make it a grueling experience, such as sitting at a desk for hours on end with a book in your child's face. Education is suppose to be fun not a day to day drudgery. Its one of the many reasons that parents have begun home schooling to begin with.