Before you go online, make sure that that you are protected from viruses, worms, identity thefts and other cyber crimes. Whenever you visit a website, look for their privacy policies as websites can collect a lot of information about your visit, such as : the kind of computer you use, its hardware, its software, what websites you have visited etc.
Here are some of the things you can do to protect your privacy online:
1. Don't share your password with anyone.
2. Do not share your personal information
over the internet.
3. Do not send your pictures to anyone by e-
4. Do not give out your age, phone numbers,
full address over the internet.
5. Use encrypted e-mail.
6. Have a good anti-virus software, a
firewall and an anti-spyware installed on
7. Don't open e-mails, and file attachments
from someone you do not know.
8. Regularly update your anti-virus
9. Clean your memory cache after browsing.
10. Reject unnecessary cookies.